Electricians Make Grisly Find When Attempting To Disconnect The Power At Abandoned Home
Workers from Morgantown, North Carolina, made a shocking discovery when disconnecting the power from a house scheduled for demolition last week — two dead snakes entwined in the electrical box. One was actually biting the other one.
The find was published on the city's Facebook page.
After the reptiles climbed into the box one was electrocuted after moving across two hot terminals, and the second one died because it was biting the first one when it received the jolt.
Apparently, this type of thing isn't uncommon. Electricians in the city typically find "friend snaked every two or three years," according to Electric Services Director Brooks Kirby.
One Facebook user commented, "Whoa! That's crazy. I've seen it happen with mice."
Another added: "I would have peed my pants if I found this."
The picture has received over 2,000 comments, mostly from reptile-phobic people.