Global medical robotic systems market revenue is expected to reach USD 17.89 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Key drivers of this market include the increasing demand for robotic surgeries, constant improvement in healthcare infrastructure in emerging economies, improving reimbursement policies and increasing awareness levels amongst healthcare establishments, and practitioners.
According to data published by the U.S. FDA in 2012, approximately 450,000 robotic assisted surgeries were performed. The increase in prevalence of cancer, neurological disorders, spinal disorders, and prostate disorders are expected to further propel the demand for minimally invasive surgeries and consequently boost market growth.
Browse full research report on Medical Robotic Systems Market: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-robotic-systems-marke
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The introduction of new generation robotic systems integrated with advanced data recorders, remote navigation systems, HD microscopic cameras, data analytic systems, motion sensors; 3D-Imaging and robotic controlled catheters are further expected to boost demand over the forecast period
- Surgical robots was the largest product segment at over 60.0% in 2014, owing to the increasing number of robotic surgeries performed and increase in patient acceptance pertaining to assisted minimally invasive surgeries.
- Non medical hospital robotic systems are identified as the fastest growing product segment. Key factors accounting for this rapid growth include growing interest in telemedicine robots and cart robots which improve the automation in the hospital sector and also improve the patient care.
- On the basis of application, laparoscopy enabled systems accounted for the largest revenue share at 80.0% in 2014. Increase in geriatric population and rise in the prevalence of neurological disorders such as brain tumors, strokes, and spinal disorders are some factors expected to drive segment growth over the forecast period.
- In 2014, North America was the largest regional market with revenue share valued at over 40% owing to, the presence of advanced healthcare infrastructure, increasing demand for robot assisted surgeries, better reimbursement policies and the increasing geriatric population.
- Asia Pacific market is the most lucrative in terms of future growth. The presence of high unmet medical needs, growth in public and private healthcare investment, improving reimbursement framework, and the increasing healthcare expenditure levels.
- The global industry share is majorly dominated by companies such as Intuitive Surgical Inc., Mazor Robotics and Hansen.
- Other players like Accuray, S.R.L, Health robotics Varian, Reninshaw Plc. have developed products and applications catering to certain niche areas to establish market domination.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the Medical Robotic Systems market on the basis of product, application and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue in USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Surgical Robots
- Orthopedic Surgical Robots
- iBlock surgical system
- Robodoc surgical system
- Navio PFS surgical system
- MAKO RIO surgical system
- Stanmore Sculptor surgical system
- Neurosurgical Robotic Systems
- Pathfinder surgical system
- NeuroMate surgical system
- Renaissance surgical system
- Laparoscopy Robotic Systems
- FreeHand endoscope holder system
- Da Vinci robotic surgery system
- Telelap ALF-X surgical system
- Steerable Robotic Catheters
- Rehabilitation Robots
- Assistive Robots
- Therapeutic Robots
- Exoskeleton Robotic Systems
- Noninvasive Radiosurgery Robots
- TrueBeam STx radiosurgery system
- CyberKnife robotic radiosurgery system
- Gamma Knife Perfexion radiosurgery system
- Hospital and Pharmacy Robots
- Telemedicine Robots
- I.V. Robots
- Pharmacy Robots
- Cart transportation robots
- Emergency response robotic systems
- LS-1 robotic system
- Auto Pulse Plus robotic system
Application Outlook (Revenue in USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Orthopedics robotic systems
- Special Education
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access Press Release By Grand View Research: www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-medical-robotic-systems-market
About Grand View Research:
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com